pdf reader and exchange??'s

lheb

Mar 15, 2012
i'm tablet shopping... vizio pricepoint is enticing and from reading this forum, seems the functionality would meet most of my needs. (i've done a decent amount of reading this forum in search of these topics, so pls forgive if i missed answers to these queries...)

one area of concern for me is reading pdfs. i've been inclined toward a 10" tablet for ease of use with pdf's but i don't relish the clumsier size. what kind of pdf reading experiences have y'all had with this tablet? does the 8" add enough screenspace that 50-year-old eyes can read the pages - perhaps at least a half page at a time with tablet in landscape orientation?

the other concern i have surfaced only after reading the forum. some folks suggest issues between android and exchange server. i have no problems with my android phone and exchange, so perhaps these are older posts or is the problem with vizio?

Fishtank

Nov 30, 2011
One of my main uses for the VTAB is carrying pdf versions of my price books into sales calls, instead of large binders. I've been very satisfied working this way for the last few months.

The only minor issue I found with the new update was the change to the way the micro-SD card is handled. Previously, there was a virtual directory called EXTERNAL that was visible under the SDCARD directory. Adobe reader would scan for all .pdf files in the SDCARD directory or below, so it found all the files on my card. With Honeycomb, the virtual directory is gone.

However, by going into the storage settings for the tablet, and switching the external card to be the default, everything is fine again.