Please help? 7127 Model | crying kids without Xmas gifts..

NewToCoby

Dec 28, 2011
Im not going to bore all of you with the long story, so here is the short version.

My next door neighbor is a single mom, she just spent her only available money on two tablets for her kids for Xmas. Both 7127 models. Neither will boot correctly for some reason, and I know I can easily resolve it by reflashing the firmware.

Both her kids are upset(young girls), and she is crying non-stop as she feels like **** that her money was spent on two gifts for her kids and they arent working(I can imagine how defeated she feels).

So please guys, I have Google'd the **** out of it, and cannot find the firmware(update.zip) anywhere and need your help!

Thank you in advance, and if you're on Reddit... anyone who helps will get Reddit Gold.

[edit] For clarification, the tablets boot to the Coby screen but go no further.

Last edited:

shawnki91

Dec 17, 2011
@NewToCoby,
Unfortunately, Coby has not released the firmware files as an official release. HOWEVER, you may have some luck by installing a custom ROM. I know nothing about the 7127 other than that it runs Android 2.3.x. In this case, you will want to look at this site's thread for the "Alldro2 ROM by Steev". It is an official port of 2.3.3 fo the 7024, but the chipsets and internal architecture may be similar enough in order to get these devices up and running. Coby also has fantastic customer service, and will honor the 1-year warranty of the device. The best option would be to exercise the warranty entitlement before messing around with ROMS and update.zip files. Nobody wants tears at Christmas; hope verything works out. If you need help with flashing that Alldro2 ROM drop me a line.

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I have an update.zip but its for clockwork recovery installation. If this could help let me know. Best of luck!

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

Dec 31, 2011
Well if she received two models that dont work she should contact coby usa by calling their technical support. She should also call the place she brought it from and try to return them. here is a thread that has basically everything on this specific tablet [Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127 if you need further assistance ask questions on the thread because they are very helpful.:)

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
They probably were store returns that a prior customer fouled up the rooting process and returned them rather than deal with their foul up. If I were in her position, I would return them and obtain ones that will boot.

If you would still like to try to help her, the previously suggested thread is your best source.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Well if she received two models that dont work she should contact coby usa by calling their technical support. She should also call the place she brought it from and try to return them.

Exactly, especially if you spent all your available money on them. Why would you ask a neighbor to hack them instead? If this is such a crisis, where is this neighbor and why haven't we heard from him in over a week now?