PLEASE HELP !!! Christmas Eve Emergency !!!

bunn

Dec 24, 2011
I just unwrapped my 7yo daughters BRAND NEW TPC7901 tablet to give it a whirl and have it set up from Santa and it will NOT boot up all the way

2.2 android
infotmic 0.2.3.3

but thats allll i know about it

Ive searched on the forums and CANNOT factory reset this thing, tried the reset button, tired home/back/pwr I tried 3 finger salute and all NOTHING !!!
Makes it to the Android screen and just sits ....... "reflecting"

HELP !!!
Please :)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I just unwrapped my 7yo daughters BRAND NEW TPC7901 tablet to give it a whirl and have it set up from Santa and it will NOT boot up all the way

2.2 android
infotmic 0.2.3.3

but thats allll i know about it

Ive searched on the forums and CANNOT factory reset this thing, tried the reset button, tired home/back/pwr I tried 3 finger salute and all NOTHING !!!
Makes it to the Android screen and just sits ....... "reflecting"

HELP !!!
Please :)
Welcome to the forum. Sorry it is under these circumstances.

A little research here may have prevented your thought that this would be a good present for a 7yo. Unfortunately, these tablets require some level of effort to ensure they function properly and there is little manufacturer/distributor/supplier support.

There is NO known information on Hardware Id "hwver" 0.2.3.3. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...p-tpc7901-7-inch-svp-tpc-1013-10-tablets.html

Any background on where it was obtained?

If you've tried a "factory reset (three finger method)" and there's no response it may require some trying of other key press combination to initiate, if it exists.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/6437-apply-factory-reset-step-step-images.html

Suggest trying more combinations and noted in this and in the Sylvania Tablets forum.

If nothing works, as Santa to refund the $$$ and let the 7yo get some working toys.

Update: A search of the update servers did not produce any update firmwares.

Last edited:

bunn

Dec 24, 2011
Thanks
We purchased the tablet online from Sears.... which turns out was a company through Sears ?? Silicon Valley imaging corp ....

Ive ran android now since its inception being in cellular sales.... and my daughter has "grown up" using android based devices ... weird to say huh? Between us we are really familiar with this stuff ... im not rooting it or anything being that this is brand new so back to Santas shop it will go, IF they will honor a return. You know how shady that stuff can get :(

Anyway i figure entry level $89 android tab wasnt like buying a freeking $700 ipad for a child like some folks i know do .......

Thanks for your help and all your information as I read those threads prior to posting.. I guess I will let it charge and give it another go in the AM !!

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks
We purchased the tablet online from Sears.... which turns out was a company through Sears ?? Silicon Valley imaging corp ....

Ive ran android now since its inception being in cellular sales.... and my daughter has "grown up" using android based devices ... weird to say huh? Between us we are really familiar with this stuff ... im not rooting it or anything being that this is brand new so back to Santas shop it will go, IF they will honor a return. You know how shady that stuff can get :(

Anyway i figure entry level $89 android tab wasnt like buying a freeking $700 ipad for a child like some folks i know do .......

Thanks for your help and all your information as I read those threads prior to posting.. I guess I will let it charge and give it another go in the AM !!
Understand, makes sense in your situation.

We've been at it for more than a year with these InfoTMIC based tablets and it's been both fun and frustrating.

A "factory reset (three finger method)" whatever key combination if it exists should do the trick. It's the challenge of figuring out if one exists and what it is. If all else fails you could attempt just to burn another Hardware Id's "hwver" backup system image "SYSBACK" also know as ARR_AS in IUW.exe or zSYS.img. The tablet seems most similar to the SYTABBL7/SYTABBL7-0608/SYTABEX7-2 11.2.3.1.

Do not burn the entire InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) file just extract the zSYS.img and burn using Expert mode.

http://www.svpcam.com/product_p/tabletpc-tpc7901.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

bunn

Dec 24, 2011
yeah or i could take it out of the box and it work ......... :)

heres what I got (backwards obviously)
$androidtab.jpg$androidtab2.jpg

Im off to bed i gotta play at church in the AM

Merry Christmas !!! Thanks for your help !!!!

bunn

Dec 24, 2011
well still nothing.......

posting from my buddies andtroid tab ......but Santas elves got some work to do on the original posts tab still stuck wondering if any others have had this prob ?

bunn

Dec 24, 2011
I wanted to let it be known that I the company in which i mentioned previously responded to my email in courteous manner and will be refunding the unit. I have decided to go another route tablet wise, but I REALLY appreciate the help I have received on here, this seems like a wonderful community !!!! thanks again !!!

p37307

Jan 13, 2012
Hello everyone.

I too have one of these tablets. It fell asleep and won't wake up. I did a hard shutdown (hold the power button for 5 seconds) and it shut down.

I have tried the 3 finger methods, 4 finger method, I had the wife loan me a finger or two and tried all the different combinations of doing the reset.

There is a reset pin button, not sure what to do with it.

When reboot, it just hangs on the Android animation like the lady up to did.

I search google, been to another forum, and still nothing.

My is a tpc7901. It shows up as an Infotmic M009F China Telecom from the Google Dashboard, Android section.

I would and do appreciate any and all help I get from forums.

I take open source community help serious so no bunny hopping here.

If anyone has any info or suggestions, please help me. I am heading over to some of the above solutions to see if anything help.