Probably not possible...but...

directandy

Aug 18, 2010
Is there any way to convert an exe into an apk?

I found this app called Slot Car Speeds. With it you can see how changing voltage, gear ratios, and tire size affects the top speed of a slot car.

Here is a link to it if anybody wants to check it out. It would be a great app to take with me on my tablet to slot car events.

Slot Car Speeds - Slotict's Track Designs

Thanks.

Last edited:

directandy

Aug 18, 2010
The creator of the program was kind enough to share the source with me. He wrote it in pure basic.

Is there anything I can do with this? Wondering what my next step would be.

Sorry to be such a noob. I am not a programmer but this would be a great tool for our community.

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Hi, I just ordered a Haipad.
Once I have received it, I would like to learn how to develop apps for android.

I see that the source is available on his website, so I will have a look and take this on as the first effort (try) to make an android app.
We will see how it goes along ....

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
The creator of the program was kind enough to share the source with me. He wrote it in pure basic.
Basic is so far from Java (the language used for developing Android apps) that the source code won't do you much good, besides letting you know how the different calculations are made.
However, the scope of the app doesn't seem all that overwhelming, so armed with that piece of info, doing the same on Android shouldn't be all that hard and time consuming to accomplish. Might well serve as an etude for a first app.

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Still waiting for my device ...
In the meantime I have set up the Android Development Environment unde Ubuntu 10.10.
Succesfully tried, compiled and run the Android HelloWorld application.
Ready to move on to the next learning example.