Problem - factory recovery 7022

arkantus

Aug 23, 2011
I got my kyros 7022 today, I already read several post regarding clocking and new android market, etc etc...
After some trials I want to run the factory recover but I cant lunch the screen.

I press back button + on/off... nothing happens, I did it on different ways and nothing happened, buttons are working correctly, I tried several times too, "the dozen trial post", I already read/tried that.

How can I launch the screen? thank u :(

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Do you want to do a reset or a factory recovery ? A reset just restarts the tablet , the reset button is on the back of the tablet and you use a paper clip to press the button until it clicks then release it.

A factory recovery will wipe out all user data and all your apps you have downloaded. They can not be recovered. Here are instructions from Coby's web site:
  1. Once the unit has been turned off. Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds.
  2. When the Android Icon and warning triangle appear , press the "back" button )silver tone button) once.
  3. The Android recovery screen will appear. The "Home/Menu" button will allow you to scroll up and down.
  4. Press the Home/Menu button to scroll to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Then press the "back" button
  5. On the next screen scroll to Factory Reset. Then press the "back" button
  6. On the next screen Choose "reboot system now" and Press the "back" button
I have NEVER attempted this ....so if you do the above procedure ...continue at your own risk.

Last edited:

arkantus

Aug 23, 2011
i just confused the Back button with the reset button :s now I get frozen, but I think that I know where to find the article, lol thanks a lot

fozie2k1

Sep 5, 2011
I need to do the factory reset at my 7022.
Follow the above procedure but the screen is frozen on the Android Icon and warning triangle.
The "back" button and the "home/menu" don´t work.
Please, can someone help me ?

oishkapipik

May 13, 2012
I have tried this and got Factory Recovery mode but the problem is this: the Home/Menu will not let me scroll up or down.. everytime I push the home/menu key it automatically just reboots.. I don't want that.. I would like to reset to factory settings. Being that there is not a volume up or down button there are no other options to scroll up or down. How can I get past this problem???

Do you want to do a reset or a factory recovery ? A reset just restarts the tablet , the reset button is on the back of the tablet and you use a paper clip to press the button until it clicks then release it.

A factory recovery will wipe out all user data and all your apps you have downloaded. They can not be recovered. Here are instructions from Coby's web site:
  1. Once the unit has been turned off. Press and hold the "back" button(silver tone button) and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds.
  2. When the Android Icon and warning triangle appear , press the "back" button )silver tone button) once.
  3. The Android recovery screen will appear. The "Home/Menu" button will allow you to scroll up and down.
  4. Press the Home/Menu button to scroll to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Then press the "back" button
  5. On the next screen scroll to Factory Reset. Then press the "back" button
  6. On the next screen Choose "reboot system now" and Press the "back" button
I have NEVER attempted this ....so if you do the above procedure ...continue at your own risk.