Purchase Of Tablet

geralde.givens

Apr 10, 2018
I want to purchase tablet which has size 8 inch, running on Android lollipops os, having 4g voice calling in India

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you want Android 5.x, look on eBay for your tablet. That version of Android is three years out of date now.

That said, you will have one very big issue to overcome in purchasing any tablet, whether it's used or brand new. Most tablets from the last three years or so that include LTE modems limit themselves to data connections. To use them for voice calls you would need to use Whatsapp, Skype, or Hangouts Voice for the outgoing calls. To receive calls would require you to pay for a callback number, which as I interpret things means a separate phone line.

If the 8" size isn't a hard and fast requirement, you could always purchase a used Nexus 6 (XT1100): three years on that device should be reasonably priced. It has a (nearly) 6" screen and shipped with Android 5.x; being a phone it can make as well as receive calls. The only caveat is that it doesn't support all the LTE bands used in India. While a Nexus 6 purchased today is likely to have Android 7.x on it, being a Google device, it should be easy to roll back to the earlier firmware simply by downloading the firmware from Google and executing a few fastboot commands.