Question on external devices

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by Desert89, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Desert89

Desert89 Member

Tablet / Device:
    ProTab 3 XXL
    So yesterday I bough myself a :: Point of View :: HOME

And today I started using it, all fine and dandy until i connected my external hard drive. It is a Transcend 750GB 3.0 USB and the tablet didn't read it, didn't show it, didn't do anything about it. Like it doesn't even notice it to be connected, tried with a old 2.0 portable USB stick, same crap. So how do I get this to work, do I need some drivers or a special program so I can mount and use external devices like that? I got tones of movies on them and I want to connect it and watch it via my tablet. Something basic as that should be possible, since the tablet was made for that stuff, no?

I am a newbie at stuff like this, first tablet. Wanted it for reading books, watching movies and surfing the web. Didn't want to spend a lot of money so I got that point of view brand since the spec were nice and it was cheap.

2. Rowdyeh

Rowdyeh Member

Tablet / Device:
    Google Nexus 7
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. Desert89

Desert89 Member

Tablet / Device:
    ProTab 3 XXL
    OK I got a bit farther then last time. Sometime it tells me how it need to downlaod file to device so it can open in. I accept it and all is great, but one problem.

Where does nexus media importer save files? I want to delete them after I don't need them but I can figure it out, help?