Resetting battery indicator?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by karnor, Apr 26, 2011.

1. karnor

karnor Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Augen Gentouch78
    I have a generic China import 7" android 2.2 tablet ePad (WonderShare) that has been working perfectly since I got it 14 days ago - that is, until last night.

I noticed the battery seemed to be dying a lot faster than normal. When I looked closely, I noticed that the battery charging indicator light was blinking between green and red. If I held the cord, it stayed red. I thought I had it set where it would stay on charge, but when I came back later, it was not charging. The battery charging icon on the screen would flash back and forth between battery and charging, too. Now I can't even get it to stay red even a short period of time.

Now it works when plugged in, but not when unplugged. The battery level shows 100% charge on the battery. I contacted the seller via eBay and they suggested doing a factory reset and then trying to charge it for 6 hours, thinking that maybe the tablet *thinks* it's charged but it's not. I reset it and now have had it turned off but plugged in for 3 hours. However, I don't think it's doing anything because no light at all is on indicating the tablet is plugged in. (The green light on the wall wart is on, so I know it's getting power.)

I have read on a few forums that there is a way to calibrate the battery. Would that be helpful here or not since it's apparently not even charging? How can I "reset" the battery indicator so the tablet recognizes the true charge (or lack thereof)?

Thanks!
  2. larski

larski Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color
    I'm looking to do the same thing. Were you able to find a solution?
  3. karnor

karnor Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Augen Gentouch78
    Nope - I sent it back to China and they are replacing it since they said the battery was defective.