[ROM] Norwegian 2.2.2 S7V100R001C57B111

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Apologies in advance if you saw my other post in the Indonesian thread, but thought it might have got lost there.

Installed and all running good.
Language English by default.
Cameras working (Best Buy 104)
GPS fix in 3 seconds!!!!
WiFi stable (so far).
Running for 2 hours and no issues.
Starts set to Central European Time.
SOC ran smoothly this time!
When you insert or remove the SD card the device does a sort of short fast reboot. Disabling/re-enabling routine?

N.B. Device needs to be rooted again!

Out of interest if you put the dload folder on your SD card and power up normally the whole process will run through to completion (the fresh screen configuration request) without touching anything and no battery removal.
It will boot twice on it's own and after the second time give OK update completed.
Remove the SD card and power off and then on for the final boot.
Well it did for me and I was quite surprised!

Flashed 6 hours ago and no issues at all.
It's running very sweet!!!!!!

S7V100R001C57B111

Last edited:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I used the S7 most of the day yesterday and always on mains power.
I set it aside at 7.30 PM on battery power then played for about 10 minutes on the internet a little later.
All this time WiFi was on and I have just picked it up now at 7.00 AM used it for 5 mins and when I check the battery it shows 91%!!!
I don't think I got that sort of life before.
I'll be making some more observations through the day.

Gabor

May 1, 2011
Works - almost - perfectly on the austrian A1 Version of the the S7. The 'almost' is due to the (only) front camera which is completely broken.
Everything else seems to work really fine. I am so happy that all the A1 bloatware is gone. The device now feels much faster and more responsive.
Really happy. I dont miss the camera too much, since it never worked as I would have expected. I never managed to read a QR code with it.
Still, maybe someone has an idea how to get the cam working, as well?

Shortzzz

Mar 12, 2011
Is the GPS working on the austrian A1 version because it was not working for me on indonesian 2.2?

Shortzzz

Mar 12, 2011
Then I am going to wait until an update comes along that supports it :(. Not that much of a difference with the indonesian 2.2 for backing up and reïnstalling everything again.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Does someone have the time to summarize the differences between the Indo 2.2.2 and this?

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Does someone have the time to summarize the differences between the Indo 2.2.2 and this?

On the surface there would appear to be very little difference!
However the UPDATA file is a diffent size from the Indonesian version and as I have mentioned above the install procedure can be accomplished in a much easier fashion.
The device was immedeately recognised by the USB drivers whereas I had to uninstall and reinstall to get SOC running with the Indonesian ROM.
The screen sensitivity seems to be further tweeked.
And most importantly I have no issues at all since flashing.
Do we know if perhaps the Indonesian version was an S7 Slim version leak as obviously the Norwegian looks like a designed for the the resistive device release.
Whatever it works really well for me!

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
i made a customized clockwork version... no need for updata.app just flash with clockwork. link in my sig.