root dropad a8

panchaboy

Sep 7, 2011
i just purchased my dropad a8 2.3.3 but its kind laggy so i wwant to change firmware....when i was trying to update an error came...signature verification failed installation abort ....ivebeen trying so many different firmwares and got no luck.....any help for installing firmware??? ty

panchaboy

Sep 7, 2011
i just purchased my dropad a8 but 2.3.3 but its kind laggy so i wwant to change firmware....when i was trying to update an error came...signature verification failed installation abort ....ivebeen trying so many different firmwares and got no luck.....any help for installing firmware??? ty

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Just FYI, Rooting a Tablet and changing the "firmware" are two very different things and the terms are not interchangeable. Firmwares are also very device specific, you can only install a ROM on the tablet it was built for.

Please provide more information: what rom you want, etc., we can see if we can help

panchaboy

Sep 7, 2011
ty for your answer and yes i know they are different....well this is my problem i have installed 2.3.3 kernel version 2.6.35.7 build numer GRI40 20110719.112455...but its kinda laggy with explorer and with games ....they run smooth then slow down.....i think its the firmware version...ive had seen videos on yotube about this tablet with a great performance with no lag all runs smooth.......so when i try to change firmware always got the "signature verification failed" tried so many differents and still the same problem...need help lol

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
when i try to change firmware always got the "signature verification failed" tried so many differents and still the same problem...need help lol
This is actually a good thing. Meaning it stopped you from installing a ROM which is not compatible with your tablet.
Otherwise, you may have already bricked your tablet.

Please see my comment in the other thread for the rest of your questions.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-hacking/21649-chinese-wm8650-9-7-help.html

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
i just read your post ......but i tryed so many roms ....always the same error..some people told me its cuz i have to root the tablet first....i was trying too many methods too with no luck ....:(
Please use the thead you have started instead of PM for this...

No, flashing ROM have nothing to do with rooting.
You do NOT need to root in order to flash.

They are likely talking about something else which is locked bootloader or recovery which prevents you from flashing anything other than manufacturer provided ROM.

Installing a new ROM will NOT give you magic speed.

However, your tablet seems to be based on Samsung S5PV210 (ARM Cortex A8) 1.0GHz. In theory, it should have good performance and if its performance is terrible, that can only mean bad firmware implementation which is not surprising.

We have seen Nvidia Tegra 2 based tablet made by some Chinese factory which runs horribly slow.....

My best suggestion for you is to ask the company that sold you the tablet to provide the latest firmware to flash on it.

Last edited:

panchaboy

Sep 7, 2011
ty for your comment....the manual says mid703...so do you know about flashing this tablet hdmp4??