Rooted Nook Color vs. Samsung Galaxy Tablet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
^
I believe, and most will agree, we are a good forum/community with spirited debaters and for the most part most of us do not bash. To say something negative about a device without a proper explanation why, I'd considered bashing. For most reviews, articles and posts I've read, their only objective was to state the Nook Color was on par with the Samsung Galaxy tab, not to belittle it. To me, all tabs running android are already in the same family and it comes down to how much you are willing to spend and what features are important to you.

+1

10 chars

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yes the gtab is nice. If I didn't have a NC, I'd get definitely thing about getting the Viewsonic gtab. It's a little big (10") for my taste, but the hardware specs alone (not sure about the screen) are just about the best you can get right now.

theksp111

Apr 5, 2011
great video. the only reason I would get a galaxy is because it's got 3g capabilities. But for the price of that service you can go to verizon and get one of the Mifi 2200's and get internet anywhere. And you can use that on your computer too... AND you can share the internet service with 5 devices total. Only downside is you'll have to carry something the size of a pack of dentyene ice in your pocket.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
+1 on the Mifi - works really well - as an alternative i also use my rooted droid phone to tether wifi

great video. the only reason I would get a galaxy is because it's got 3g capabilities. But for the price of that service you can go to verizon and get one of the Mifi 2200's and get internet anywhere. And you can use that on your computer too... AND you can share the internet service with 5 devices total. Only downside is you'll have to carry something the size of a pack of dentyene ice in your pocket.

Asmodeus

Apr 12, 2011
Well, I have both devices, having bought my fiancee a Tab for a Hannukah gift last year (paid $250). The monthly data charges aren't an issue for us; she uses the Tab for work, travels a lot, and is pretty much able to deal with email, anywhere, It's much simpler than carrying around a notebook for her and much easier to read on and edit/look at documents than her iPhone.

That being said, I'm really happy with the Nook Color. It has been a lot of fun to play with and mod, it makes a great couch tablet, and is a good e-reader. I had been using her tab around the house; now i feel no need to do so.

I'm considering getting a Verizion LTE hotspot to use with the Nook and my netbook. Jailbreaking my iPhone, with it's unlimited data plan, isn't an option.