Samsung Also Unveiled Their Next-Gen Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Sep 4, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

We can't leave out the third device that Samsung debuted during their IFA 2013 Unpacked event. They also shared their next-generation 2014 edition version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 Android tablet. Here's a quick spec breakdown followed by the full presser,
    • 10.1 will 2560×1600 WQXGA display
    • 1.9 GHZ Octa Core processor (for 3G / WiFi only version)
    • 3GB of RAM
    • 8 megapixel camera
    • Just 7.99 millimeters thick and weighs either 535 grams or 545 grams for the Wi-Fi or 3G model respectively
    • Will sync with the Galaxy Gear, like the new Note 3
    Here's that press release,

2. Angus66

Angus66 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer A700, Nexus 7 FHD
    I wonder what the price will be for this monster? $599 and up?

3. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    Hopefully the hardware navigation buttons won’t bother anyone, because I am not sure that I could stand them. I feel like they would just bother the hell out of me. I understand that the company is staying in line with its design philosophies, but a tablet has enough real estate that it doesn’t need physical buttons. They're just asking to be accidentally pressed.

4. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    Not only does a 10-inch tablet give you a bigger scope to enjoy movies and games on a bigger screen, but thanks to the Multi Window feature of the new Samsung Note 10.1, you can also divide the screen into two halves for multitasking, by dragging and dropping the text, images and links from one app to another, thereby getting relief from the hassle of constantly leaving one app and switching to the other. However, this multitasking option is not supported by all apps at present.
    No wonder that with so many pluses, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition is indeed expected to be the next big thing; and is definitely going to pose a big threat to Samsung’s own Galaxy Tab range.

5. Douvie

Douvie Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    I'm not so sure about the so called threat. ACER tried the same with their A700 range - as far as I can see it didn't really "takeoff". I did initially show an interest in the A700 but bought a NOTE 10.1 instead. Price and functionality, and of course, ACER poor track record in regards to support services to their customers has driven me away from them.

So the threat would be over pricing and lack of service that would kill Samsung.

Douvie.:cool: