Samsung note questions

XAngelfreak

Dec 8, 2012
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a note 10.1 as an Xmas present but have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Firstly, does it work without the pen, as a normal tablet?

Can you connect it to the TV anyway?

Can you stream movies etc online with it? I know this is a bit of a grey area with all the flash stuff going on lately.

Finally, would you recommend one? Why?

I would really appreciate any advice people can give!

Many thanks!
Kimberley

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a note 10.1 as an Xmas present but have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Firstly, does it work without the pen, as a normal tablet?

Can you connect it to the TV anyway?

Can you stream movies etc online with it? I know this is a bit of a grey area with all the flash stuff going on lately.

Finally, would you recommend one? Why?

I would really appreciate any advice people can give!

Many thanks!
Kimberley

I think I can help you out here.
The Note 10.1 has a capacitive multi touch display like all other modern tablets, it just adds a Wacom digitizer layer. So yes, it works like a normal tablet.
It does hdmi out, although you have to purchase the adapter.
Streaming works fine from many sites I've tried, and I have the Flash player installed,
I've been more than happy with mine. The quad core Exynos proc. is just plain fast, the multitasking is Cool, it has the fastest and most reliable wifi I've ever used, and of course the digitizer (which I use daily, it has become indispensable to me) make this a great tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

DaveD

Dec 7, 2012
Hi I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (last Thursday from John Lewis). This is my first ever tablet and I am getting used to it. I joined this Forum to learn and ask questions. If you buy your Galaxy 10.1 before the end of December you will get £50 cash back (cheque) from Samsung so hurry. I started using my fingers but today I tried the S pen and this is so much better. I have also bought, from Amazon, a 32GB micro SD and a case which was twice the price in the store. Hope this helps.

wandaboyce

Nov 29, 2012
DaveD said:
Hi I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (last Thursday from John Lewis). This is my first ever tablet and I am getting used to it. I joined this Forum to learn and ask questions. If you buy your Galaxy 10.1 before the end of December you will get £50 cash back (cheque) from Samsung so hurry. I started using my fingers but today I tried the S pen and this is so much better. I have also bought, from Amazon, a 32GB micro SD and a case which was twice the price in the store. Hope this helps.

I have the note and really like it.

XAngelfreak

Dec 8, 2012
Thanks or all the replies, is it considerably better than a tab 2? I know there is a fair price difference, but apart from the pen are there any other worthy differences?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks or all the replies, is it considerably better than a tab 2? I know there is a fair price difference, but apart from the pen are there any other worthy differences?

There are numerous differences, among them the quad core processor, higher resolution cameras, BT 4, dual mode wifi, glonass to supplement the gps, 2 gigs of ram (probably to support the multitasking capabilities) to name a few.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
OK I'm going to be getting a new tablet in a couple of months and I came upon this tablet and several of my questions has been answered but one.
And that is does it play games very good?
I am a gamer and the 2gb ram makes it very appealing. Thanks.

And also what type of processor/graphics does it have in it?

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It uses a quad core Exynos with mali400 gpu. Although it is considerable faster than, say, the Tegra 3, there is some nice Tegra exclusive game development and if that is you primary use, or at least very important, its something to take into consideration.