Screen color is negative!! HELP

fallout

May 20, 2011
I have the Coby Kyros 7015A tablet for about 2 weeks now. I rooted it right after I got it. It worked great up until today. I turned it on today and the screen was negative in color. Everything that should be black is white and everything that should be white is black. Here is some pics:

$0520112248.jpg
$downsize.jpg
$downsize_1.jpg

The rest of the system works perfectly just the screen is messed up. I have tried reseting it and it didnt help. The only thing left I know to do is reset it to factory defaults but I dont know how to do that. Has anyone heard of this type of thing happening? Someone help please.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Contact COBY have that tablet either repaired or replace it. Or swap out the panel for a new one. Cheaper to give you a new tablet though.

Apr 28, 2011
Wow. I am still kind of new, but never heard about this happening, even after reading most of this forum. I am not sure how to fix this, it may be an option in the launcher or system I do not know about, that u might have accidentally changed. If u have clockworkmod installed, if I was you i would try to backup to that, (if u had a backup saved) if not try to fully reset to standard settings, and start from scratch, if u feel u have nothing to lose tho. If u will lose something important u have on there, try to play with the settings and figure out if it is a changeable option or not. I know with the new iPod touches, it is possible to change the screen so it only is negative, i have not heard of this option for android, if I figure it out i will let u kno

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Panels can go back in laptops and netbooks just as well with tablets. Could be a loose connection inside but everything solider. Parts to go bad in shipping. Still you can tray update to see if it goes way but the images looked washed out.

Apr 28, 2011
If it is still under warranty (depends on ur warranty) u probably should send it back. It would be worth it for them to fix ur tablet, or even better, send u a brand new one. Well whatever your choice is, hopefully it all works out for u.

fallout

May 20, 2011
Ok so it sounds like I will be sending it back....OK I ran the factory reset from clockworkmod recovery and some of the stuff is still on there from when I rooted it like, the google market, Super User, Google talk, Google Voice....how do I remove this stuff so I can send it back???

Apr 28, 2011
I do not know how to remove that stuff since i have never rooted yet. Try to unroot from z4root app if that is what u used to root in the first place.

fallout

May 20, 2011
I just tried that and it removed the "Super User" thing but all the other stuff is still there.

fallout

May 20, 2011
Ok I finally got everything off and back to factory. The only way I could get it all off is to apply the update.zip and then do a factory reset. Ok soI am going to send it back and see what happens. I bought it off ebay brand new and the seller does offer a 30 day warranty so lets hope it all works out. I will let you guys know how I make out.

Thanks for all the help everybody.