SD card error message, damaged card, unmounted

rzzy

Mar 20, 2011
At first card worked fine, it was brand new out of package. Tried to download some aps got message no card, then damaged card. Got another brand new card out of package, different brand, same error message, damaged card.

It then also said unmounted card but I can't find how to mount it. I would appreciate any help to fix this, I like the tablet and would like to use it more but you really need the card for most activities.

Thanks so much, just found this forum and think it's a great resource.

rzzy

Mar 20, 2011
How is your sdcard formatted?
I do not know. I took it right out of the package. When I first got the tablet I used one from my MP3 player & it worked fine. The 2 right out of the package are the ones that said damaged.

rzzy

Mar 20, 2011
I'm sad to say that I do not know how to format a card, I haven't had to do it for anything I use a memory card for

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Ok here are the steps:

YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF THE DATA ON THE SDCARD. BACK IT UP TO A FOLDER ON YOUR COMPUTERS HARD DRIVE.
  1. Insert your SDCARD into your computer
  2. Open "My Computer"
  3. Right click on the drive (ie F:\)
  4. Select "Format"
  5. Select "FAT23" from the dropdown box
  6. Check the "Quick Format" box at the bottom
  7. Watch it go. Once the format is complete you will get a popup box that says "Format Complete"
  8. Open the drive and copy the files back on to your SDCARD. (If you saved any)
Now
  1. Power off your device
  2. Put the SDCARD in.
  3. Mount the SDCARD if your device does not do it automatically.
You should be good to go now.

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
You can also format and mount/umount the SD card form the tablet device itself. It's located in the settings program, "SD card and device storage"

rzzy

Mar 20, 2011
I turned it back on and now it works without doing anything to it. I had tried the settings option several times before giving up with no luck. I downloaded a few apps & everything worked fine. Should I just leave it alone then, and if it happens again worry about it? Thanks, much appreciated.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I turned it back on and now it works without doing anything to it. I had tried the settings option several times before giving up with no luck. I downloaded a few apps & everything worked fine. Should I just leave it alone then, and if it happens again worry about it? Thanks, much appreciated.

Ya let it go for now. In the future you should aways have your tablet off when installing/removing the sdcard. Its like ejecting your flash drive from your PC before you pull it out.