Seeking an 8" 4x3 quad-core tablet, what's best?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by heron61, Jul 15, 2013.

1. heron61

heron61 Member

I'm looking at getting an 8" android tablet, I want a 4x3 display and a quad-core processor, so what's good. My two leading contenders at the momemt are the Onda v813 which has the advantage of having 2 GB of RAM, and the Acer Iconia A1, which has the advantage of having a useful warranty, but only 1 GB of RAM. I don't need bluetooth, GPS, or 3G, but I need an HDMI port and a micro-SD slot. I currently have a Samsung 8.9" tablet, but I want something faster, and I would prefer a 4x3 display, since I read on it far more than I watch videos or movies.

Thoughts?

2. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    I'm looking for the same thing and essentially for the same reason - I'm more of a reader than a viewer. However, in my case, I prefer buying a brand-name from a local electronics retailer rather than purchasing a Chinese tab on the internet. So, right now, I'm leaning towards the Acer Iconia A1. It's got Android 4.2 and a decent display with 162 PPI density. At the cheap end of the spectrum, I would consider the Nextbook Premium 8HD E Fun Tab, running a slightly older version of Jelly Bean, but selling for only 99 bucks at Walmart.
    I'll be following your thread with interest for all other ideas.

Cheers.
    Ed