Should I Buy The Nexus 7

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I know a plethora of people who have the Nexus 7 and LOVE it.

Nexus 7 vs MeMO 7, I would go Nexus 7 all day long. The biggest drawback to the Nexus 7 is expandable storage (microSD) but if you are willing to root you can use OTG all day long. There is a Media Importer for OTG devices, but the external is read only.

As far as size, that is up to you to decide what size is right. I love my 10" tablet (Asus TF101). Some users I know did not like that size and stepped to a 9", 8" or 7" tablet and love the smaller form factors. The 7" tablets almost fit in your pocket so they are much more portable.

Another very capable tablet if you want to go a bit bigger and have some more money to spend is the Galaxy Note 8. It goes for about $400 USD if I recall for the WiFi and has expandable storage and some nice features.

IMO the Nexus 7 is the sweet spot for price vs performance.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Nexus 7 is one of the best bang for the bucks you can get :)

murdok2001

May 9, 2013
Yeah!, i am going to buy one !, but, is there going to be a new brand of nexus 7 II, with new specs, android 5.0 , and same price late july, right?

raju201239

Mar 23, 2012
@murdok2001 If you can wait for next 2-3 months. There will be some more options to choose from. Technology changing very rapidly and tablets are rolling out with many new models.