Slow connection cancels system upgrade.

Barnold

Jun 17, 2013
Hi everyone, I have not used my tablet for twelve months and there is now 390 mb of system upgrades to download but the problem is the IP where I live is super slow 24/7 and the download stops due to slow connection. Is there an app. or some way to make the upgrade resume until the download is complete? I have looked at various download managers but found nothing that would do the job. Thanks in advance for any solution.

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
I too had the same problem......my connection would just not handle the large update....

I ended up going to a coffee shop that has free wifi & did it there.....I took my charger (my update said to be plugged into power to complete the installation) & completed the entire download & installation in less than 15 min......

It worked for me.....:D.....

FlutteringBy

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I have not used my tablet for twelve months and there is now 390 mb of system upgrades to download but the problem is the IP where I live is super slow 24/7 and the download stops due to slow connection. Is there an app. or some way to make the upgrade resume until the download is complete? I have looked at various download managers but found nothing that would do the job. Thanks in advance for any solution.

Welcome to the forum

Some vendors eventually post the firmware so that it could be downloaded to your PC, but obviously that would be slow too. Maybe a public hotspot or a friend's house?