Sony S1 Honeycomb Tablet

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
sony-s1-glamour-fcc-550x414-e1307468567641.jpg

One of the two upcoming Android Honeycomb tablets from Sony, the S1, has passed through the FCC. The 9.4 inch tablet looks to have all the bells and whistles we’ve come to expect from it, but this time around it’s toting AT&T bands and HSPA+ support.

While having AT&T support within one of the models is certainly exciting, we also need to leave room for the fact that the particular model could be for Rogers in Canada instead. That’s not to say that we won’t be seeing the tablets this year, as both the S1 and S2 should be available in the US before year’s end. We won’t go through all the boring crap you can find in the FCC filing, but the S1 potentially shipping with AT&T HSPA+ support sounds like a good deal if you ask us.

Continue Reading @ Sony S1 Android Honeycomb tablet goes to the FCC

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Remember when the thought of Sorny getting involved with an area of hardware was something to really look forward to?

I do.
-and then I remember what they did to Palm OS with the Clie and not playing nice with developers and such in an effort to have their own proprietary slice.

Oh but that's old news. I'm sure they wouldn't be like that nowOOPS. Sorry "other OS" folks on PS3. Too soon?