Source Code to be availabe in 2-3 days

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Forgive me for being a complete and total moron about this, but what exactly will this do... not the potential stuff... what does the source code contain that will be so cool?

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Forgive me for being a complete and total moron about this, but what exactly will this do... not the potential stuff... what does the source code contain that will be so cool?

It gives a understanding of how the system is built. This will lead to ROM development and other modifications.
Seeing how the build the structure of the /system, /recovery, etc images will help us figure out how the *.IUS files work and lead us down the correct paths for development.

Some more info
Learn How To Work With the Android Source Code

T
he potential stuff is putting 2.3.4 android on our tablet or even honeycomb.

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
Sounds good. :cool:

Generally speaking, wet-finger-in-the-air, if you are given the source code what are the typical timelines to get a ROM developed. Weeks? Months? more?
Not trying to press here, just wondering.
Anyone looking at getting us a custom ROM, especially if it leads to 3.0, which is obviously built for tablets, is my hero.

ATB

MD

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Just got this from my source in DG.
Seems like a real contact.

Shuoying Digital Science&Technology (China). Co., Ltd
shuoying-digital-science-technology-china-.-co.-ltd.gif

Our company was established in 1991. The company has presently over 600 employees, among them 80 are the managerial staff and 30 are engineering technical personnel. Products of the company range broadly from communication and consumer electronics industries. The main products are digital cameras, computer peripheries, and intelligent toys etc. The company has floor space of over 20, 000 M2 and a gross investment of 3 million U. S. Dollars. The company is equipped with advanced production facility and mature allocation functions.

Auxiliary departments includes stool & die, jet molging, oil infection, silkscreen peinting, SMT, assembly and packing. The company has 25 sets of equipments in cluging, computergong, millers, lathes, grinders and linear cutters. The company also possesses 12 other equipments including injection molding machines, fully automatic oil injection baking line, automatic adhesive machines, re-flow soldering machines, automatic bonding machines and a variety of precise product detection instruments.

The company started the research abd development of digital camera ever since 1999. The present production capacity is 300, 000 sets monthly.

The company has been in a leading position of the industry and its products are sold all over the world with customers including numerous intemationally known companies such as WALMART, DISNEY, QVC, JCPENNY, The company had the honor to win a special award for digital cameras in the achievement prix for Chinese export enterprises in 2003. With its highly active and economical management model, as well as its precise produce market orientation, the company is winning the favor of more oversess buyers.
  • Company Name: Shuoying Digital Science&Technology (China). Co., Ltd
  • Business Type: Manufacturer

Contact Details
Company Address:No. 1, Juguangyuan Middle Rd, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
City/Province:wenzhou/Zhejiang
Country/Region:china
Zip/Postal Code:325000
Tel Number: 577-88609820
Fax Number: 577-88608720
Contact Person: Mr. Scott Zhang
Company Website: http://www.sychina.com.cn

$2011061734947517.jpg
P7901UA

http://www.sychina.com.cn/global/Product_i.asp?/201.html

Shuoying Digital Science&Technology (China) Co., Ltd Tablet PCs Manufacturer

Last edited:

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I looked at the site.... none of their tablet products have the ARM6 CPU. I didn't see the 7LP or the EX7 there...

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Last edited:

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
I could be wrong... but isn't that like saying "they are all Intel processors."

Check wikipedia arm architecture page - arm11 is arm v6. Cortex (as in htc desire etc) is arm v7.

Sent from my disgo6000 using Android Tablet Forum