Spell Checker for Android

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

Foreman_11880223_7008_ss-0-320-480-160-0-c4652a1f63538eb46e452de964cb01b9f2fa4e40.jpg

Overview: Spell Checker for Android displays possible spellings as you type in real-time. After returning the correct spelling get more information such as definitions and synonyms for the word as well. It supports many languages like English, Espanol, French, Italiano, Deutsch, Suomi, Svenska, and Polski.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androidsx.checkspelling&part=dlint&fileName=details

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The forum software indicates a misspelled word by a squiggly red line under it, but doesn't offer suggested corrections. What I do, is highlight the word, right click, and "Search Google ....".

alec11

Aug 16, 2011
The forum software indicates a misspelled word by a squiggly red line under it, but doesn't offer suggested corrections. What I do, is highlight the word, right click, and "Search Google ....".
spider brand new to acer iconia a500 tab ,have you put a keyboard thst connects to the tablet,thats what im looking for as obv cant right click just with the tab ,sorry if this sounds stupid mate im starting at the bottom of the ladder here mate

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Not stupid at all Alec, sorry if I misled you. I'm using a desktop computer to do all of my moderation of the forum. I normally have several Windows open at the same time for checking forum rules, searching, checking multiple areas of the forum etc. Frankly, I'd go crazy or maybe crazier trying to do that on my tablet.:cool: That said, I don't have an A500, but I know a lot of people who do. Just click on this link to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Accessories section, and ask any questions you have about attaching a keyboard there. That's where the folks with A500's are located and I'm sure someone there will be able to help you out. Good luck!

alec11

Aug 16, 2011
thanks spider just saw that just a minute ago ,thanks for reply mate ALec

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

winston66

Oct 6, 2011
RE Spell checker
I thought that I would try this spellcheck app out.
However it appears that the supplier (android market) will not permit me to download either the free version ,or the paid one, they say that my tablet (telefunken) is not acceptable. or(compatable) with their android system and that I needed to create a google account ie.email address.
After much trial and head scratching I suceeded in doing that.
Have contacted the vendor and got a very offhanded reply that they could not help me.
It seems a very strange attutide for any vendor to take when a client wishes to obtain and pay for their services.
My device supplier made a lot of promotional noise about all of the apps. that were redily available.
Do you all have any thoughts or suggestions that might help me.
Thanks in advance.
Winston66