Strange Differences Between Versions of Android

timmoore46

May 3, 2013
I've got within the family several cheapie Tablets.

A 9.1 inch cnm Table has 4.1.1 and runs Candy Crunch also Words with friends very well indeed. With the later it copes with getting rid of unwanted adverts very elegantly.

But a brand new 10.2 Tablet has 4.2.2 and locks up with the adverts by not showing anyway to get rid of the adverts. Also locks up randomly needing a reset.

How can I fix that ? Can I download 4.1.1 and load it in place of the buggy 4.2.2 ?

I've no idea what route I should attempt to follow.

Any thoughts very very welcome !

:confused::confused::confused:

Tim

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It's really hard to say why, perhaps flash. My grandson downloads a lot of free games that has ads, being a Linux guru, I simply use the same type of hosts from my Linux box to block ads.
If you are rooted you can this yourself or use an app to do it for you, you must reboot anytime you modify hosts file.

http://adfree.bigtincan.com/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

timmoore46

May 3, 2013
Many thanks for the tips.

I'm sending the Andrid 4.4.2 back to the supplier for a refund.

Torn between a Kindle Fire or iPad as a replacement.

Are there any 4.1.1 Tablets that just work, (Linux Ubuntu is different but as solid as it gets, so I expect a Tablet to be the same. Am I being over optimistic ?).

Tim

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't have an android above 4.1, I prefer 4.0 versions, most of my tablets are 4.0.3.
Android while based on Linux isnt full Linux.
Remember with full Linux you can download it and install it on almost any computer and it will work.
Linux can run from cd, usb, sdcard almost anything.
Now if Google did that with android, there would be no mac, windows no other real competition.
No one would have to wait and hope their android device builder released an update, they would simply download the update themselves and install it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Last edited:

timmoore46

May 3, 2013
I don't have an android above 4.1, I prefer 4.0 versions, most of my tablets are 4.0.3.

I feel tempted to get a 4.0.3 Tablet and see how it behaves.

On another subject I have a tablet which has faulty graphics colours but has a HDMI port.

On a TV the colours are fine. I'm looking for a free game that is OK with letter format like the TV set.

Looking a Candy crush or words for friends which display with them on their sides is a pain ! *LOL*

Any thoughts anyone ?

: )

Tim