Strange Touchdown Behavior

Discussion in 'Nook Color Apps and Games' started by Skilover, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Skilover

Skilover Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook
    I have tried Touchdown, and it loads up all the Exchange data fine, but then when I try to use it, and switch between the contacts tab and the email tab or the calendar tab, all the data immediately gets wiped, and it starts downloading all over again. Obviously, this is useless. I've tried twice, with clean installs in between, and the exact same thing happens.

Another failed effort to get contact and calendar info onto the Nook

2. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Are you using the version from their website, or their "secret" beta? Yeah, I know, why wouldn't you think the download that they publish would work.

Try this one instead: http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid

3. Skilover

Skilover Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook
    Thank you! Who would have thought there was a secret Beta. In the mean time, I have found a simple little contacts app that works, but still no calendar without Touchdown, so I will try the secret beta and see, :)_
    The contact app is Komodo Contact Manager Android Log App Download | KomodoContacts. It synced right up with my Exchange data instantly. The data must have been there all along, but the built in contacts app on the Nook obviously couldn't read it.
    I've had no problems with the built in email working with my Exchange account.

4. Skilover

Skilover Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook
    No real improvement, unfortunately. You can see improvements they've made, but the fundamental issue, of the data wiping itself out, persists. Not useful at this time.

5. devorama

devorama Member

Tablet / Device:
    nook color
    I just had the exact same problem. I fixed this by changing the sync method to "Exchange 2007" instead of ActiveSync. Then I refreshed my folder list and selected Contacts, Calendar, and Inbox. Now it works as expected.