Sylvania 10" Magni - DYI External LiOn Battery Pack Idea

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
Loving my 10" Syl tablet. Yes it has it's flaws: Broswer issues in portrait mode. And of course the crappy battery life (roughly 60 to 90 minutes or so).
I was thinking of of a DYI External battery LiOn to boost the Mah,

My idea would be for a flat pack that could affixed on the back of the tabletand a thin cord run to the charger port.
In this case it would still keep you mobile w/o lugging around a brick.

Anyone else have ideas or have you seen this done before?

I know Ipad and Iphone products have such a creature.

Dave in Naples

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Loving my 10" Syl tablet. Yes it has it's flaws: Broswer issues in portrait mode. And of course the crappy battery life (roughly 60 to 90 minutes or so).
Dave, some of the other InfoTMIC 10" tablets came with a customized browser which you might to research to see if it will alleviate your rotation issue.

It was based on the Dolphin browser (DolphinBrowser_for_infotm_7508.apk)

As for a external battery pack the hardest part will be finding the power adapter plug used on these tablets. The dimensions have been posted previously.

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
Dave, some of the other InfoTMIC 10" tablets came with a customized browser which you might to research to see if it will alleviate your rotation issue.

It was based on the Dolphin browser (DolphinBrowser_for_infotm_7508.apk)

As for a external battery pack the hardest part will be finding the power adapter plug used on these tablets. The dimensions have been posted previously.

Does it really work on the 10"? Or is it the stock broswer?
I've tried DOlphin HD...Stock broswer...Opera... to no avail.

Also,
I can't seem to find a linkl anywhere to this 7508 APK.
Thanks David

lorenii

May 2, 2011
My battery lasts for hours... at least 4+ hours while watching movies or surfing. It is VERY important to fully charge and fully discharge the battery to prevent "battery memory". I NEVER plug in my tablet unless I get to the automatic battery shutdown screen.

no issues with rotatation on my 10MT in either mode using the stock browser.

Stock browser from my 10MT
View attachment $Browser.zip

Last edited: