sytab10st - blank home screen - need factory reset

annM

Dec 25, 2011
I turned on my tablet this am. It boots and gets all the way to where I should have a home screen but no home screen. The icon bar with home, wifi, time, etc exists but not the rest. I thought I'd try a factory reset since a simple on/off didn't work. After checking this forum and trying a jillion different hardware key combos, I give up.

If you've done a factory reset on this model, can you post exactly which key combos you used? Plus, if you need to hold for multiple seconds or minutes?

annM

Dec 25, 2011
Just as soon as I got the right cable I was going to try that but before then I tried a long click on the antivrus icon in the top bar. Dragged down the window that opened and got to its configuation page. Then clicked home and my home screen was back. See how long it lasts...

annM

Dec 25, 2011
I was to get my able to get my homescreen back. I am running an antivirus app that puts an icon in the top bar. Did a long click on it and clicked the bar with the dots that show up. That launched the app. Exit from it and the homescreen was back. Just show that if you punch a computer enough, it will behave.

Found that out a few weeks ago. Everything was good until this week. Seemed startup was slow so I did a reset while on the sylvania logo. It may have stopped flashing. When it did start. I had the factory shipped icons. My apps were still on the tablet but quite a few wouldn't start and had to be reinstalled. Sort of a half way reset.