Tablet newbie.

dharrahjr

Feb 25, 2011
I want to first say hello to everyone here on the forum. I am hoping that you all can give me some advice or a recommendation on an Android tablet. A little bit of information to share and then on to my question. I am an avid photographer and carry my camera with me everywhere I go. Which usually means that I carry my laptop with me also. With that being said I am looking for an alternative to the situation. Don't get me wrong, I love my 17.3" display when reviewing pictures, but the weight of the laptop is why I have decided to look at a tablet. If possible, what I would like to be able to do is to be able to remove the SD card from my Nikon camera, pop it in the tablet to review the pictures on. Is there a tablet out there that would offer me this capability? Also, what products have you all used and would recommend to a first time purchaser. I am fully aware of the you get what you pay for concept and that is the primary reason I have registered here before going out and buying something that I will either not like or not do what I am wanting to do with it. If this post is not in the right place please move and let me know. I appreciate any and all input, and look forward to getting to know you all. As far as my experience with Android goes, I have owned the HTC Hero and really loved that phone. So as soon as the EVO came out I jumped right to it and have really enjoyed the Android platform ever since.

Thanks in advance,

David

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
at the expense of getting flamed even though i have a zt-180 which has a micro sd card slot i have had little luck with the usb slot device issues like not enough power to power the card reader. whereas with my apple ipad and the camera connection kit no issues plugging in my sd card and takes a few seconds to see all 600 images from my d90 sd card but nothing to configure

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
I recently purchased a 7" kinpad and am very impressed with its versatility and quality. It has a didicated graphics processing unit (amd gpu) with very impressive bright and clear capacitive screen, as well as sd card slot (max 32gb)

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
a caveat on the usb device it turns out i can plug a usb stick and it will read it from device /udisk but it was formatted originally with windows.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
I recently purchased a 7" kinpad and am very impressed with its versatility and quality. It has a didicated graphics processing unit (amd gpu) with very impressive bright and clear capacitive screen, as well as sd card slot (max 32gb)

don't know if you have a dslr that takes sd cards if so please plug it into your tablet and see if you can use something like "astro" file manager to display the photos

dharrahjr

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks for the info everyone. I am looking at the normal places around me and found a Viewsonic 10.1" display today. Not real impressed with it though. Going to keep looking. The kinpad is a nice looking device, but I would prefer buying something like this in person. May sound weird.

David