tablet

wwoman

Mar 25, 2013
Someone please help! I reset my ematic eglide tablet and now it only has Chinese and I can't get it back to English. Thanking you in advance if you can help me.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Open settings (icon with 3 sliders)

Tap the icon that is white box with a black A.

First line is tablet language. Tap it and scroll down to English.

wwoman

Mar 25, 2013
Welcome to the forum!

Open settings (icon with 3 sliders)

Tap the icon that is white box with a black A.

First line is tablet language. Tap it and scroll down to English.

I do not have a white box with black a. It has 19 boxes all in Chinese. I have tried tapping different ones and it does nothing. I can turn it off again and it comes up to put password in again but when I put my password in it wont take it. Is there a way to reset the password or bypass the password?

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I do not have a white box with black a. It has 19 boxes all in Chinese. I have tried tapping different ones and it does nothing. I can turn it off again and it comes up to put password in again but when I put my password in it wont take it. Is there a way to reset the password or bypass the password?

If you are stuck at the login screen for a password, that is a different story.

Is there a box in your notification panel that looks like a tiny keyboard? If your clock is in the lower right, it will look something like this:
BpTu2.jpg

Tap the little icon and see if you have an option for an English keyboard.

If you have the clock in the top right, it should be in the top left corner.

If that option is not there, you will have to figure out how to do a factory data reset for your tablet. Each one is different and you may have to call the tablet manufacturer to find out how. Some it is hold VOL DOWN and POWER, others have reset buttons or other sequences of keys to hit.

wwoman

Mar 25, 2013
I cant get there. It only has Chinese.$chinese2.jpgThis is it and everything I click on goes back to this.