tablets and a stylus?

steelbender

Jan 13, 2012
Hey all, My Ematic Eglide 10" XL is arriving soon. Nowhere in the online info does it say if a stylus can be used on the screen (TFT type). Anyone know???

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You will need a capacitive stylus if you have a capacitive screen. It is kind of a mixed blessing, they work but are not very precise.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

J

jimbo7630

The one made for iPhone and iPod (the one with a soft rubberlike tip) works on both Resistive and Capacitive screens.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The one made for iPhone and iPod (the one with a soft rubberlike tip) works on both Resistive and Capacitive screens.

Actually anything you can apply pressure with will work on resistive screen.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

J

jimbo7630

I recommended the iPod one because it has a soft non scratch tip. If you have a resistive screen almost any (plastic) stylus, as TomT says will work.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I recommended the iPod one because it has a soft non scratch tip. If you have a resistive screen almost any (plastic) stylus, as TomT says will work.

Yeah, the soft tip is fairly safe, the main fear I have is if there is dirt or something on the screen there is the possibility of putting pressure on it with the stylus and scrtching the screen that way. I usually just try to clean my screen well before using the stylus to minimize the risk. I think if I were going to use a stylus as my primary input method I would apply a screen protector.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

steelbender

Jan 13, 2012
I doubt that a stylus will be the main input method, but probably quite a bit. A screen protector sounds like a good idea regardless.