The Arnova 10 G2 Tablet

aurigus

Sep 21, 2011
I purchased the Arnova 10 G2 Tablet from the Philly Media Network (They are calling it the "Philly Tablet"). I have a full review of the tablet and Philadelphia area newspaper apps here.

The short list of specs are: 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, a 10.1 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel capacitive multitouch display, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread.

My question is more about the App Store situation on this device. It comes with Amazon App store and the Archos "AppsLib" store. Some of the apps I want are in these libraries but it seems most are in the Android Market.

How do you get the Android Market on this device? Do I need to root this thing and install new firmware, or is there some other way?

puki

Sep 27, 2011
I also have the same question, is there any way to install market instead of aapslib without root or rooting is only solution? I tryed with arctool from appslib but it works only with older archos tablets but not with arnova g2.

Sent from my Arnova 7 G2

JayNewlin

Oct 3, 2011
Ron: The forum for the Arnova from PMN is philly.com/tabletforum

The Quick Start Guide (in the box) should have gotten you up-and-running with the basics. What sort of problem(s) are you having?

Maxlowe

Nov 17, 2011
I have been looking at this device for a little while and one of the problems I found was that the Android market hasn't been added becuase it isn't yet google certified...

Although there is lots of custom ROMS that come pre-rooted (Unfortunately they have to be to get access to the android market on a uncertified device) You just install one, and there is another forum on some where that tells you waht to do once it is installed,and how to install the market and get it working.

maverick1251

Feb 27, 2012
It is compatible, go on the Appslib market and download ArcTools. Then run the app, and click on the firware tab,then on the selection firmware, and click on custom firmware arnova 10 g2 firmware 1.1 EZ. This will install android Market and is quick and easy to do, without connecting to a pc.

HaroldG

Feb 20, 2012
The best support I have found forr the Arnova 10 G2 is at arctablet.com/blog and (for finless' custom ROMs) freaktab. net.

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk

billynibbles

Jan 16, 2012
It is compatible, go on the Appslib market and download ArcTools. Then run the app, and click on the firware tab,then on the selection firmware, and click on custom firmware arnova 10 g2 firmware 1.1 EZ. This will install android Market and is quick and easy to do, without connecting to a pc.

Be careful to check if this works with the 'Philly' version, which started life with different firmware than a stock Arnova 10 G2.

tattman65

Apr 17, 2012
If you have any arnova concerns head over to freaktab.com,the guys there are great and super helpful. The Rome finless bob does makes your tablet run like it should.