TIP - File Manager Shortcuts

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
A TIP....
If you use ASTRO file manager you can create shortcuts to comonly used file directories.... as in this case.. you could create a shortcut to the MNT directory or even the USB directory so you could go to it straight from the home screen... you can also book mark these in both Astro and File Expert, haven't delt much with any of the other file managers they may have the abilty also, which makes navigaiting to comonly used directories much simpler. Find it once book mark it and then all you have to do is ref to your bookmarks list rather than having to trapse back through all your file structures and directories to find things again and again.

EDIT:

WOW.. this rated a stickie?...thanks though... thought i'd link it back to the thread that i originally posted this posting came from...

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-gtablet/18060-gtablet-usb-connection.html

Last edited:

easwaim

May 22, 2011
yeah filexpert i wish could do this im just so used to file expert and like the way it looks that i dont use anthing eles. but file expert should do this but dosent.... if you long press a folder then, hit operations, at the very bottom is make "shortcut to desktop" and it says it made the shortcut but it never shows up on the desktop or homescreen.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Cool.. didnt realize file expert had snuck that in.... For me though it works... running CYMOD 7.0.3... odd thing is the folders come up grey instead of tan like default android

easwaim

May 22, 2011
wow thats cool im running a nightly build. you could fix the grey folders with an application that lets you costimize folders. .