torrent softwares are running at very low speed

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
Sir I am Rupesh. I am using HTC Flyer tab and running internet using Vodafone 2g data plan in India. I have downloaded some torrents from net and tried to download files using bittorrent and atorrent softwares. They are downloading files at the speed of 189 bytes per second and peak download speed is 6kbps. Inorder to download 1GB file it would take about 3 years and at sometimes about 5 weeks. I have checked internet download speed using speedtest software and noticed download speed of 178kbps, upload speed about 51kbps. Other files like YouTube videos downloading at reasonable speed.

Please solve my problem.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Rupesh and welcome. Vodafone tend to block torrents on their 2G and 3G wireless networks because it takes too much bandwidth. I suggest you abandon that idea and use ADSL to download torrent files if that's what you want to do. You could try a different port number and encryption on your torrent client to try and get past the blocks but I seriously doubt you'll have much success. Youtube videos download in bursts so don't have the same problems although you may encounter slow periods on 2G during peak periods as wireless has more bandwidth issues than copper wire ADSL. Good luck.