Transformer Navi

HertzPL

Dec 14, 2011
Hi guys!
i'm looking for some navi (for asus transformer) i was trying to use Navigon but it was all the time force closing.
does anybody knows some good navi for honeycomb? ofcoursse offline navi :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Why don't you like the google navigation? it supports offline nav now.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi HertzPL, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new Transformer. Nice to have you here as a member of the forum.

HertzPL

Dec 14, 2011
I tried to use it with wi-fi turned off and it doesn't work. I was looking for some downloading option but there was nothing like this ;)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The Transformer will work with offline navigation using the Google Navigation app if you get your directions while online. Then you can use it offline. Keep in mind, it will not reroute you if you make a wrong turn if you are offline.

Alternatives:

Sygic and CoPilot. Sygic has a free trial from their site and you just pick and choose which contries or states (US maps) you need and it will only grab those. Then you can use it offline. Then remove them when you don't need them.

CoPilot may have a trial, but I have not yet gotten that one since Sygic worked out so great for me.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I keep forgetting you can do this with the TF. I need to try it out. How accurite is the google app for this?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I keep forgetting you can do this with the TF. I need to try it out. How accurite is the google app for this?

Sorry, missed this thread. Google App seems to be pretty accurate in my experience.