Trouble Rooting GoClever Terra 72

EsEmDee

Jun 17, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm a new user in these forums. I go by the name EsEmDee.
I'm trying to get my tablet, the GoClever Terra 72, rooted. Here is the info:

Model number: TERRA_72
Android 4.2.2
Kernel verison: 3.4.0+
Build number: GOCLEVER_131115

I would like someone to help me get drivers for this tablet, the devs weren't kind enough to provide the users with some.
And what program from the many available on the internet should I use to root the device?

Thanks!

EsEmDee

Jun 17, 2014
Bump :< Does anyone have any idea what drivers I should use? I've tried lots, but ADB never lists my device...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds as if your problem is that you can't get your PC to see the tablet, but I'm not entirely clear on that. If that's the case I need to tell you that it is a common problem and frquetnly there is no solution due to a number of possible issues with the PC, not usually the tablet. If that's it, you didn't explain it that way but that's what it sounds like when you ask about drivers. There are no drivers for the tablet that would help.

EsEmDee

Jun 17, 2014
Sorry for not making it clear, my PC can see the tablet, it just doesn't get listed when I type in the adb devices command in the cmd. If it's the problem with my PC, then should I borrow a different one from my friends? Like, is there a problem with the fact that I'm running windows XP or what?

EsEmDee

Jun 17, 2014
It sounds as if your problem is that you can't get your PC to see the tablet, but I'm not entirely clear on that. If that's the case I need to tell you that it is a common problem and frquetnly there is no solution due to a number of possible issues with the PC, not usually the tablet. If that's it, you didn't explain it that way but that's what it sounds like when you ask about drivers. There are no drivers for the tablet that would help.
Hello, Mr. Leeshor?? Can we go over through this again? You said that my PC can't see the tablet. What do you mean "Can't see"? Cause it can, only it doesn't come up when I type in "adb devices" in CMD.

I think I don't need drivers, I'm pretty sure the ones I'm using are correct. I downloaded the drvers from android SDK and modified them by adding the hardware ID's of my tablet like so:
;TERRA_72
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_10d6&Pid_0c02
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_10d6&Pid_0c02&Rev_0202

Still, the device isn't on the adb devices list.

I thought if it was my PC that was the problem, it wouldn't be able to recognize other android devices too, right? So I edited the android SDK drivers again, for my LG phone, like so:
;LG L3 II
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_10d6&Pid_0c02&Rev_0202&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_10d6&Pid_0c02&MI_01

And it's listed in the adb devices list! So why doesn't my tablet? It can't be that it's immpossible to root my tablet, I refuse to believe it :c I posted my problem on several forums, no one helps me anywhere! There's gotta be something I could do about it, I just need to root a simple, cheap tablet gosh darnit :(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The fact is that there are many people who can't get adb to see their tablets from their PC and it typically has nothing to do with the tablet if you didn't get a prompt on the tablet to change storage modes. The list of reason all are related to the PC and is quite long. Some peole could get it to work only by doing a fresh install of Windows on their PC. I have 4 PCs in my office and one can't see my tablet but it's not a concern for me as 3 do. There is only one suggestion that may work, a different USB port/hub. It may be possible in device manager, under view all devices, to delete some that aren't being used under the USB section but that rarely works.

EsEmDee

Jun 17, 2014
The fact is that there are many people who can't get adb to see their tablets from their PC and it typically has nothing to do with the tablet if you didn't get a prompt on the tablet to change storage modes. The list of reason all are related to the PC and is quite long. Some peole could get it to work only by doing a fresh install of Windows on their PC. I have 4 PCs in my office and one can't see my tablet but it's not a concern for me as 3 do. There is only one suggestion that may work, a different USB port/hub. It may be possible in device manager, under view all devices, to delete some that aren't being used under the USB section but that rarely works.
Is there any chance of my tablet getting recognized by ADB if I use a different PC? I have a couple of friends who live near me. I'll try the other USB ports I have on my PC as well, I have 8 of them...