Firmware Version - 1.6

Kernal Version - 2.6.29-002335-g4f8dbbb-dirty

Build Number - WMT1.9_105

I would appreciate any help

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I hate to say this, but there are many variations with the same config. Post a picture/link/source. It will help

If you are wanting to update to eclair (2.1) or Froyo (2.2) It is not an attempt to burst your bubble, but I think you will not be able to move past the version of Android currently installed. Many of these are locked into the current Android version.

jchristion

Oct 12, 2010
I appreciate your help, I kind of figured that i was locked in but here are pictures of the device anyway

x2a06f.jpg

2w2lovl.jpg

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This appears at first glance as a Via 850x chipset. These are more than adequate for E-Readers and Browsers, but not designed for high power. The x in the 850x can be a 0 or a 5.

But this is a very common case, You could also have a TeleChips unit which would potentially allow higher versions of Android. But I am not trying to get your hopes up. Search on the site for Android System information. There are some links for downloads which can help identify the CPU and with that the update capability
Your best source for Firmware will be your vendor. Email or watch them. If they start selling a unit which looks like yours and Android 2.1 or 2.2 ASK.

Your Firmware as a reference is the 1.9_105 The OS version is the 1.6

jchristion

Oct 12, 2010
If it's not to much, I have 1 other question

I realize now that this tablet is not built for high power, but is there a format I can convert my videos to so that they will play

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Most of these will convert to a decent viewing using MediaCoder. You may need to play with the resolution and size. Try for a 320x240 MP4 and work up using a h.264/h.263 format. Otherwise, search this forum. For some the default IPod Nano/Touch default works. Use MP3 as the audio. You could likely use Ogg too.

asylum

Nov 3, 2010
is the back of your device blank??? plain silver no description nor brand name??? i guess we have the same device! model number GENERIC too but my built number is 2.0 already. i dont know actually what our device called. Xpad? if you have any update regarding firmware, games, or anything please let me know, i will do the same. message me and please send me your contact details.

I appreciate your help, I kind of figured that i was locked in but here are pictures of the device anyway

x2a06f.jpg

2w2lovl.jpg

jlaubin

Oct 24, 2010
try a video from a friend in ipad size mp4..they will play fine on some machines..magic dvd ripper will also work to araip a dvd down to ipad mp4..its free to try

jlaubin

Oct 24, 2010
this is not a case of the processor being too slow, its a case of designers not putting a video processing circut on the mother board..cheap...save money..look for tablets that advertise video other than android mp4...listing divx is a hint that it should have a more complete mother board...

malicestar

Dec 18, 2010
I have this same device. It's very generic, plastic screen and back correct? While I'm fuzzy on what it's actually called, the community calls them 'Fly Touch', and you'll do well installing a firmware with the same name. Keep in mind this is not a FlyTouch2, but a regular flytouch.

I highly recommend putting a new version on there. It greatly increases the speed such that you can adequately view MP4's and CBR files with ease.