trying to find a good sd card manager

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
So I finally got my 32g SD card for my a500 and I tried a few apps to move things to the SD card but they did not work. I am guess I g works only on a phone not the tablet.

Anyone have a good app that allows me to put app music and video on the SD card?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Get ES File Manager, or File Manager HD from the market.

They both work very well, ES is much faster when moving files over WiFi to or from the tablet.

Remember that the location of the Add in MicroSD card is not where you might first assume.
It is located in /mnt/External_SD. So first make sure you are looking at the ROOT of the device.
(Remember its a Linux File system, so all storage is hung onto a directory structure, there are
no drive letters and SD cards do not appear as a stand alone device, they appear as
directories.

The sdcard directory refers to internal built in storage (not your add-in card), and its listed that way for compatibility
sake with prior versions of Android.

As for needing an APP to put music or video on the card, its simply the android version of Copy/Paste. You just need a file manager.

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
There appears to be 2 file manager HD out there .. on by honeycomb and another one. Which ne were you referring to?

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
I loaded the es file manager but I don't see how to move apps that I don't use often to the SD card. I was able to move some video and some pictures music etc but when I select the apps there is no move option.

Maybe I'd does not allow for that?

I'll keep playing with it.