UI Comments

mnjhost

Mar 11, 2014
Hi,
I am thinking of buying either windows or Android tablets. The reason I am not sure is simple, I need to create a front end like windows with simple tiles that either start an application or go to a webpage. This is simple on windows as I can use a mod that allows me to custom the tiles. How would I go about doing something simular on an Android tablet? is this possible guys/girls.
I for sure prefure Android but need to know a way that I can do this. Answers on a post card please:)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds like something Android shortcuts could do but I may be missing something.

mnjhost

Mar 11, 2014
It sounds like something Android shortcuts could do but I may be missing something.

yes and no, I need only the shortcuts that I create on the desktop to be avalibale and remove all other areas. So restricating access and making it look as I like, the same way as in windows 8. For example in windows 8 the tablet would boot up and show only the tiles that i created. I just want to see if I can do the same on andriod

Cheers

-MK-

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I think that can be done. Nothing is going to quite work like Win8 but all the icons can be remove from home screens except for your shortcuts. There are some apps that will allow you to restrict access to other areas but customizing the shortcuts may be the biggest problem. Win8 may be the only way to get the flexibility you're looking for.