Unlocking & Rooting.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'd hold off on that bloat ware removal for a while If I were you.

This thing has been out for less than a week, and there is likely to be updates pushed OTA soon. There always seems to be a update fairly soon after any first release. (Although the number of issues are fairly small, I already reported some to Acer. (see below).

If the past is any indication, removing bloatware cause the OTAs to be unsuccessful. So unless or until you get tight on space it might be easier to just Disable the bloatware for a while.

What I sent to Acer Support:

I have an Iconia Tab A700. (the web page does not allow me to select that model when submitting a question).

AGAIN: THIS REPORT PERTAINS TO AN A700. Please fix your web page.

I love this tablet.
It has some minor issues, which I pass along for correction in the next software.

1) Automatic Brightness control is always too dark.
2) Tablet often misses first touchscreen tap. You have to tape twice some times.
3) Scrolling main screen stutters and is slow when Home screen RING is turned on. Turn off ring and its much smoother.
4) Camera Color balance is way off with Auto White Balance setting turned on. You always need to select the proper white balance.
5) wifi sometimes stops when tablet sleeps even when set to always remain on.

What I got back:

I understand that, you have suggested us minor corrections in the A700 tablet's software.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

I can relate to how inconvenient it is. I will do my best to help you.

I have verified your product serial number and found that the unit is covered under Standard Limited Warranty.

First of all I would thank you for your interest in our tablet and for your valuable feedbacks.

We have updated your feedbacks and I will forward them to our engineering team for the particular corrections.

For further assistance you can visit our website Acer Support: Welcome to Acer Support

Thank you for contacting Acer.

Have a nice day!

Respectfully,

Acer Online Technical Support.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
The only things I deleted were Kindle and Zinio (and I backed them up just in case). Everything else I just disabled/froze. It's nice being rooted, though. Made a backup of all my goodies and blocked ads. Feels good.