USB Connection problem

osurfc11

Sep 17, 2013
I have a HpSlate 7, I can connect from my windows xp pc. When I connect I can see the directories but the directories all appear empty. What can I do to be able to retrieve the data files and pictures.

Alyssa007

Sep 17, 2013
When you connect the usb to it, the menu'd appear as usual as they come. There might be problem when you select it from it. If menu doesn't appear then surely the problem is in hardware. Also try with the change of usb by plugging various types of it.

Last edited:

osurfc11

Sep 17, 2013
Yes when I connect I get the HP Slate 7 device to show up clicking on the device it shows the folders for an internal and external card. Opening the internal it show the desired folders. If I open any of the folders no files are present..

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Yes when I connect I get the HP Slate 7 device to show up clicking on the device it shows the folders for an internal and external card. Opening the internal it show the desired folders. If I open any of the folders no files are present..

This is just a guess--maybe the Android-based content of the tablet files are not visible 9n a Windows PC.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a link below that will take you to our help section. In there is a thread with my name on it that explains the various ways to transfer files to/from your tablet. There are times that what you described is a fault of the PC, not the tablet, and is difficult to diagnose. An app called AirDroid would be my first choice.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The AirDroid app is the epitome of what Android is all about. It's got a great Interface and is extremely user friendly. Indeed, the most innovative app that Android has to offer, I believe. Definitely, a must have.