USB Not Recognized

macdaddy33

Aug 17, 2012
Hi I have an asus eee pad transformer this topic may have already been raised but my eee pad will not reognize any usb devices. I have tried enabeling the debugging mode, tried rebooting whilst a USB is connected and still made no difference. When I plug a USB in it is briefley recognized and says " prepaiting external storage." but only for a split second then disappears again and is not recognized.

Any suggestions?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum, great you found us.

Are you using the USB port on the dock? If so, you may want to try a hard reset of the TF101. With the power off, hold down the volume down button then also the power button until you see some white writing top left then let go of both and wait through the boot process. Don't touch the volume key. If that doesn't help hold the power button long enough for a restart while docked. The hard reset will not lose anything.

justarted2

Aug 1, 2013
Same problem here, using "genuine" Asus adapter. No dock.. tried all combinations of booting.. even tried using powered usb hub... using power cord as link to PC for file transfers works fine.. Asus support ran out of ideas and final solution was to send tablet in for repair... certainly, someone else has experienced this situation...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
The only idea I have is to call ASUS again and hope for a different tech. ;)

I'm assuming you don't see it listed under storage in settings. My guess would be the adapter not the TF.