USB slot. Hard to remove?

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Accessories' started by dan776, May 7, 2011.

1. dan776

dan776 Member

Tablet / Device:
    acer iconia a500"
    Hey all.

On my large sized USB slot, I noticed 2 things. First, that my wireless Logitech mouse doesn't do anything (of course, why would it?) And second, its really hard to unplug anything from the slot.

I tried 3 USB cords, and all were difficult to unplug. I feel like I'm gonna break the thing. Anyone have similar experiences? I wonder if its faulty on my unit?

2. Raven312

Raven312 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    I have noticed this also. It may be faulty units but the more you use the plug, the better it gets. Wiggle it side to side a little when you're pulling it out. It makes it a little easier.

3. akadrew

akadrew Member

Tablet / Device:
    Rooted Acer Iconia 500
    The first tablet I tried had the same issue, returned it because of the gps. Second one isn't as tight, but the gps still doesn't work as it should.

4. pentool

pentool Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    Yeah, I've noticed the USB port tightness, but I just sprayed a little WD-40 in there and that took care of it.

(...just kidding...)

5. Comicfan

Comicfan Member

Tablet / Device:
    none yet
    my Usb port was broken, 2 from the 4 golden pins were bent. How that is possible on a new device is a mistery to me, but I got a new a500 from the store yesterday,of course after they tried to blame me first for busting it myself. If there is any friction when removing or connecting the usb I would be very careful with it or have it checked at an Acer service point...

6. rkka93

rkka93 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Iconia a500
    So, can you use the USB port to read from a jumpdrive? I plugged one in, but couldn't figure out a way to read it.

7. Raven312

Raven312 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    Yes, you can. Make sure that it's formatted for FAT or FAT32. Use a file manager, (for instance, if you're using File Manager HD go "up" one level and you'll see the storage options.) Click usb_storage. If there's a movie you want to play or music you want to listen to, click on it. Your options for playing them will come up.

• Like Like x 2