USB slot. Hard to remove?

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Hey all.

On my large sized USB slot, I noticed 2 things. First, that my wireless Logitech mouse doesn't do anything (of course, why would it?) And second, its really hard to unplug anything from the slot.

I tried 3 USB cords, and all were difficult to unplug. I feel like I'm gonna break the thing. Anyone have similar experiences? I wonder if its faulty on my unit?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I have noticed this also. It may be faulty units but the more you use the plug, the better it gets. Wiggle it side to side a little when you're pulling it out. It makes it a little easier.

akadrew

May 6, 2011
The first tablet I tried had the same issue, returned it because of the gps. Second one isn't as tight, but the gps still doesn't work as it should.

pentool

May 1, 2011
Yeah, I've noticed the USB port tightness, but I just sprayed a little WD-40 in there and that took care of it.

(...just kidding...)

Comicfan

May 2, 2011
my Usb port was broken, 2 from the 4 golden pins were bent. How that is possible on a new device is a mistery to me, but I got a new a500 from the store yesterday,of course after they tried to blame me first for busting it myself. If there is any friction when removing or connecting the usb I would be very careful with it or have it checked at an Acer service point...

rkka93

May 5, 2011
So, can you use the USB port to read from a jumpdrive? I plugged one in, but couldn't figure out a way to read it.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
So, can you use the USB port to read from a jumpdrive? I plugged one in, but couldn't figure out a way to read it.

Yes, you can. Make sure that it's formatted for FAT or FAT32. Use a file manager, (for instance, if you're using File Manager HD go "up" one level and you'll see the storage options.) Click usb_storage. If there's a movie you want to play or music you want to listen to, click on it. Your options for playing them will come up.