Using BlueTooth GPS With Mock GPS Providers

Discussion in 'Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)' started by Music, May 25, 2016.

1. Music

Music Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Google Nexus 7-13, 32 Gb
    I tried a few of the GPS provider apps to get my Nexus 7 to work with a couple bluetooth GPS receiver,a generic one, and a DUAL XGPS150, and most apps are working fine- the ones programmed to accept BT GPS data. I had the best success with the one from GG moblab and de.mobilej.btgps. If you use 2 receivers, then you have a different problem: you can't just switch over to the other receiver. You need to un-pair, re-pair, then switch over.

Apparently, some applications cannot use the information from a mock location app, or the System needs certain settings to changed properly.

Can anyone share their advice to properly set up the Nexus 7/13 to use a bluetooth GPS receiver? ThxZ

2. Music

Music Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Google Nexus 7-13, 32 Gb
    After using both GPS receivers for a few days, things started working more predictably; I could just turn off one receiver for charging, and turn on the other, then just open the BT application and select the other receiver. I could not figure out why I needed to un-pairone and pair the other.

3. Music

Music Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Google Nexus 7-13, 32 Gb
    I have been using the BT GPS receiver with the mock adapter all summer, and it has worked fine. You only have the one extra thing to do; turn on BT, start the mock GPS provider application, and get it to connect, and it allows you to use your GPS applications. I think there was only one application that insisted on going directly to the GPS receiver, probably because it had its own bluetooth GPS stuff.