Vegan-tab 7.0.0 RC1 - cannot connect to bluetooth keyboard.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am actually connected to my Menotek BT Keyboard just fine, but i did need to do a complete repair. But yes, if you can't connect based on the BT-HID configuration built-in, try that thread.

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks for the reply. So it should work out of the box with 7.0.0? If I choose a reinstall of the ROM. Just do a wipe and install? Or should I go back to the stock 3588 first? I am new to Android....

Again thanks!

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Nevermind....when you follow the right procedure it will work....using a bluetooth keyboard right now.:p.

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Just a FYI...This is what what I did. It was posted by cabalto in the new Vegan-tab forum.

1) Hold down power button on keyboard until LED blinks.
2) Select "Pair with this device" when the Keyboard shows up on the bluetooth devices list.
3) a dialog comes up to enter your pin. enter any 4-digit pin and hit ok.
4) enter the same pin on the keyboard and hit the enter key.
5) the keyboard LED will stop blinking, and in the device list, Connected to HID is displayed. everything SHOULD work at this point.

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
Sorry to necro an old thread.

I recently bought a Menotek bluetooth keyboard. I originally tried pbrauer's technique, but when I got to the last step, blueinput would always 'stop unexpectedly' when I would open it from apps. I managed to get the keyboard to work using StephenC's advice. However, I think I'd still like to figure out what went wrong with blueinput since the redundant onscreen keyboard popping up can get rather annoying, and I get the impression that pbrauer's method would eliminate that. Any thoughts?

I'm currently running CM 7.0.3.

Thanks in advance!

(On an unrelated note .... I really love this keyboard since it hardly makes any noise when you type which makes it great for meetings at work.)

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum