Video Format in LE PAN II

Manoj1551

Jan 27, 2012
Hi everyone..

Can anyone please let me know what are the video formats that are being supported by Le Pan ii..
I saw on some website mentioning it should be MP4.. is it the only format being supported :( ?

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
Hi everyone..

Can anyone please let me know what are the video formats that are being supported by Le Pan ii..
I saw on some website mentioning it should be MP4.. is it the only format being supported :( ?

From the Le Pan website:

Support Format
• Audio - WMA / AMR / AAC / AAC+ / MP3 / WAV / MIDI
• Video - MPEG4 / 3GPP / H.263/ H.264

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
You should try a player that supports multiple codecs/file formats by itself, before considering format conversion (more work, might not be needed; quality usually degrades).

Haven't tried it yet myself, but a quick search on the Market and I found this - Dolphin Player. Features?

Dolphin Player is an open source, audio and video player for Android. This version is for ARMV6+VFP supported devices.​

Features:​

No Advertisements or "Nagging" Icons in player screen
Application can be moved to "SDcard" from Android 2.2 and above. This can be done inside the "Manage Applications" screen, by selecting the Dolphin Player
Support for most of the subtitle file formats
Support for most of the audio and video file formats

Support for playing a single audio file in a loop
Support for playing audio files of a directory in a loop
Supports playing "AVI" file formats comfortably with subtitles
Unicode subtitle files require font file to be specified in the file browser screen. Subtitles for languages like Chinese, Japanese requires TTF/font file. Copy your unicode supported font file from Windows/Linux to sdcard as "/sdcard/broov.ttf"

Based on the famous "FFmpeg" library

(bolding is mine, for the features I found interesting. :p)

Good luck!

Last edited: