VPN and Security concerns

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
I have two questions:
A. What is the capability of Android in the area of data encryption such as 128 or 256 bit in regards to complying with corporate IT requirements? I was told that the UGHHH I-pad is alot further along in this area, but there you have it $$$$ for those toys.

B. For Enterprise level Cisco VPN clients used by corporations to portal behind their firewalls for their mobile employees, is Android capable of that level of operation as well.

Trying to get answers for my boss as he wants a tablet to do some things with but these are two big nagging road blocks. any help on these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Check out Google two-factor authentication for Identity Management first, since while you didn't ask about that, you will probably be asked about that part next. As far as device encryption, this is a new feature of Honeycomb and is still being developed and implemented. you can read more about it here: Notes on the implementation of encryption in Android 3.0 | Android Open Source.

Finally, there are some apps out there that will encrypt the Android disk such as Whisper Core which is available in the market.