Waking up Irulu 2.2 tablet

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by TerriB, Sep 18, 2013.

1. TerriB

TerriB Member

Tablet / Device:
    iRulu 7" Android 4.2 Jellybean
    I am still learning to use this tablet. To wake it up I was pressing power button quickly but it always took me back to home screen. Yesterday I tapped the screen and it woke up right where I was before it went to sleep. Now the screen tapping doesn’t work anymore and I have to press the power button and back to the home screen I go…grrr. What is the proper way to wake it up? I have sleep set on one minute right now. The simplest things are giving me the most headaches.

Thanks
    Terri

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi Terri, the proper way to wake it is to tap the power button quickly. On my tablets, that takes me back to wherever I was when the screen went off. Also, on my tablets, the screen goes a little dark just before it goes to sleep and that's the only time tapping the screen works for me. BTW If you're still having a problem with the battery draining quickly, try lowering the brightness of your screen a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TerriB

TerriB Member

Tablet / Device:
    iRulu 7" Android 4.2 Jellybean
    AH HA...thanks Spider. So I was doing it correctly...whew ....but usually it takes me back to home screen but today I experimented and sometimes took me back to where I was but not always......grrrr. Come to think of it when I tap the screen its right when I see it going to sleep.

I did lower the brightness...thanks. I also got a task killer app. Being new to tablets I have a lot of apps open that I wanted to check out but I won't use that often.

Terri
    ----

• Like Like x 2