Watching TV on Nook Color? Have you done it and how?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Please, educate me... what is your method and how well does it work?

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
strangely my slingplayer app worked for about a day.. now it wont load.. im not sure if its just me or not..but the slingbox/slingplayer combo is amazing. i know it costs money but its probably the best piece of technology ive bought in the last couple years..
perfect TV or dvr or whatever you want on your computer/mobile device.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I was using tv.com app (CBS shows), but it isn't scaling correctly now that I am running phiremod...

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I was using tv.com app (CBS shows), but it isn't scaling correctly now that I am running phiremod...

If I read your sig correctly, you're running the phiremod based on the CM7 build, which still does NOT have DSP and hardware video decoding implemented yet, so that doesn't surprise me. But that's CBS shows only huh?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
well anything that CBS is attached too...CBS, The CW, CNET, ET, Showtime, CBS News, CBS Sports, etc.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have tried the Uverse through an apk out on the webs but tv doesn't work on 2.1 due to lack of DRM compatability. Even though "tv" worked under 2.2 it doesn't have a live otption just the ability to download shows and the quality was non-hd (about the same as regular youtube). Eitherway if you already have uverse it does make a great dvr manager app.

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Used my HAVA box with vulkano apk. It is a sling like device. It works fine on home g network. On road it says my network is unreachable. At the same road location it works on desktop and iphone and same wireless network that was unreachable with nookcolor.

Sent from my Android Tablet Forum App

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
Just to follow up, slingplayer works on 1.0.1 and not 1.1 for whatever reason

Sent from my NC using Android Tablet Forum App

Jaynormus

Feb 21, 2011
Tvshowstream app works great on my phone, seems to be stable on the NC too, im running Nookie Froyo btw.

-J

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Some of these apps installed for me, but none are working yet. I am very anxious for CM7 to get it's video issues worked out! :)

Ifireclay

Jan 19, 2011
If you have DISH satellite, use the free DISH Remote Access app and the DISH Sling Adapter ($99) to watch all of your live TV AND DVR recordings. NC needs to be on a broadband WiFi conx over 2.5Mbs to get high quality HD content without buffering, and the app sometimes takes a bit to connect, but it looks pretty good (B+ due to low rame rate) for a 1st gen product.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Nope, im a comast slave unfortunately... but getting Hulu to work on my CM7 build without hardware video was boon last night.