Ways to Regain Mem. Storage

picklemanjim

Sep 26, 2013
I have an ACER500 and attempting to transfer the content of my FISH BOWL APPLICATION to a memory stick. This is an attempt to increase my storage and save the data (pictures) in a memory stick.

Hopefully you can help,
TKS, PMJ:confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi picklemanjim, congratulations on your A500 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum PMJ

I'm not familiar with the app you referenced. I am wondering, when it comes to moving data in general what you have tried? The Fish Bowl thing may have me confused. Moving data like photos and music is easy but sometimes the data from an app is a different story.

Last edited:

picklemanjim

Sep 26, 2013
Thanks for your reply! Fish Bowel is a Photo application. It takes up a large portion of my storage usage. Rather then deleting the whole file, I want to put it somewhere to access in the future.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for your reply! Fish Bowel is a Photo application. It takes up a large portion of my storage usage. Rather then deleting the whole file, I want to put it somewhere to access in the future.
It appears that you are referring to the Fish Bowl gallery app. That app performs the same functions to manage and view photos as the standard Android Gallery app, but contains more (and apparently better) features for organizing and managing albums and files.

What it does the same though is work with the Android Media Storage service to find files. Like the Gallery app, it indexes files that may actually be stored in various locations throughout your internal storage, and even your external SD card storage.

What this means is that your files of interest are not controlled entirely by Fish Bowl. They are merely media files stored on your device, but not within a special Fish Bowl folder. They are files that have been located by the Android Media service, and can be scattered in folders all over the device.

The good news is if the files are photos that you took with the camera, then these are all likely in the /sdcard/DCIM/Camera folder. Files downloaded from the internet using a browser would likely all be in /sdcard/Download. You can use a file manager such as ES File Explorer to find and move files to your USB stick. You can even copy or move entire folders onto the stick, an external SD card, or even to a network file share.

The link provided by Leeshor above provides some excellent options for copying files also. Now that you have a few more clues on where to look for your media files, any of those methods should work just fine.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
very detailed as usual, Mrhelper. I don't know whether I would have gone in to such in depth explanation. I thank you for the wisdom of your advice.

I just use the Standard Gallery app. I wouldn't know FISHBOWL from ... a fishbowl. If I want to take a few photos I would usually go for my 5D mkII and store them on a NAS. ;)

Last edited: