Web Version of the Android Market is Live

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am combining the sub-forum threads on this to a single Forum wide version. We already have 4 different threads on the same topic!

cheers,
Peter

KSR

Dec 30, 2010
Great find! Do you have to be rooted to use this site? :)

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
just tried to send an app to my nook... as soon as my wife lets go of it I'll find out if it worked or not. :)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Nice idea. Long overdue.

By the way, there is a page showing all your recent app downloads too. I should have figured that Google was keeping track of everything I did, but I wish we had more control over this...

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Follow-up!

The first app I tried to "Install" from the website showed up in my downloads list on my NC, but wasn't actually downloaded. I clicked it there and installed no problem. I figured if this was as good as it gets, at least i can shop via pc and just click install from my device... but hold on!

The second and all subsequent apps I "Installed" from the web actually installed directly to my device without any involvement from me... WOW, what a cool (and very FAST) ability.

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
So they have a list of devices that are supported by the Google market? Someone said the Coby Kyros is not supported. I was leaning to a Kyros and thought this would be an easily solution to not have to root it.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
So they have a list of devices that are supported by the Google market? Someone said the Coby Kyros is not supported. I was leaning to a Kyros and thought this would be an easily solution to not have to root it.

Well I am pretty sure that my Nook Color is not TECHNICALLY supported since it's not supposed to have access to the market, but it sure works just fine.