What is the best linux build for MK802

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I am just wondering what the best build of linux is for a MK802. I have tried several and they dont seem to work right. Does anyone know of one that works good?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I guess I should give some more background. I have tried both Ubuntu 12 and puppy linux. Ubuntu 12 seems to work but is so slow it is unusable. Puppy linux seems to work really well but I cant figure out how to connect to w wifi connection so I cant really use that one either. I tried one other one that was another version of Ubuntu but I couldnt find the password anywhere to log in so I didnt even get to try that one. Any help would be awesome.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I have continued my search and the best results I have seen is with using ubuntu 10.04. It is an older ubuntu build but it does seem to work pretty well on these older devices. Still no video support which kills it as a media center for me.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Read this about all distributions that can run on mk802, guy made great compare with all details.

Now what he didn't covered, but I would like to do when find some spare time to try to run dsl linux on mk802 because I am pretty sure that it will give tremendous results, but until I do that...stick to what other guy says in his post

Awesome thank you for the tip.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2