What Model of Tablet is this?

dannyt

Jan 10, 2011
I just bought this yesterday, a demo unit at CES. What model is it? There was nothing specific on the box.

$image201101100001.jpg$image201101100002.jpg$image201101100003.jpg

Nice start with the pics, but can you provide some additional info? Go to Settings->About and provide as much as you can of the info there.

I'd love to, but when I hit the reset button I've screwed it. It doesn't boot up anymore- it stays at this screen:

$image201101100004.jpg

I figured knowing what it was would be the first thing to do to I could maybe fix it :)

Thanks, that's got me into the recovery console. Now I just need to find the update_intson_android.zip and apply that, hopefully I'll have a working tablet again :)

Let us know if you get it back up and running!

Good luck

Just giving an update... I don't have it going yet. I've done the latest update from here: Downloads - Augen Gentouch78 For Dummies

The update installed OK and it seems to load. Then the screen goes black. If I keep pressing the power button I can see the screen for maybe a second at a time, and I can see that it is in fact running (I can see the first time setup etc). Not sure why I can't get the screen to stay on.

I just got an answer on another forum that because my screen rotates, the latest update won't work with it. I guess I have to find an older update to try

Just to update, I still don't have it working properly, but it looks like it's not a gentouch 78.

Last edited:
I think it has no brand, just made by some manufacture in Shenzhen. It is similar with Haipad M701 in hardware, but uses different case.

I've been in contact with the place I bought it from, but I haven't got it working yet. They sent me a firmware download but I think it was for the wrong one because it keeps freezing on the android screen.

Back